Sunday 21 January 2018

In praise of Corrie's Toyah Battersby

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog December 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)


Guest blog post from Amber Moran, who is on Twitter: @AmberLMoran
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  

With Christmas fast approaching, it also brings with it a very special Coronation Street anniversary, which is that it's one year since the return of Toyah Laverne Battersby.

Christmas Day 2016 was the episode which saw Toyah return to the street after leaving her husband, Toby. Since then she’s gone on to have numerous big storylines throughout the year, including her relationship with Peter Barlow, becoming the new landlady of the Rovers Return, and of course not forgetting the heartbreaking moment she was told she wouldn’t be able to have a baby after going through IVF treatment.

Georgia Taylor is an incredible actress and has so far been totally outstanding in playing Toyah, and will continue to be for as long as she is on the show.

When I’ve seen the question online asking ‘Who is the best Coronation Street character of all time?’, my answer has always been Toyah Battersby because for as long as I can remember, I’ve always automatically associated the words ‘Coronation Street’ with Toyah, she is what the show is all about.
Toyah has her serious moments, her funny moments and definitely her caring moments as well. Caring being a word I would use to describe Georgia as a person too.

Earlier this year, in February, I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Georgia at the Coronation Street gates and she honestly made my year in that moment, such a down to earth, lovely lady and she has helped me so much because that’s just the amazing person she is.

I would like to give all my thanks and praise to Georgia, to say what a fantastic job she is doing on Coronation Street and also I look forward to seeing what 2018 holds for Toyah.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

By Amber Moran, Twitter: @AmberLMoran






Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...