Sunday 3 September 2017

Hallelujah! Daniel Brocklebank signs to Corrie till Oct 2018


Daniel Brocklebank, who plays Billy the vicar Mayhew, is staying on at Coronation Street and is signed up until October 2018. And this is news that cheers my heart, I love him!

In an interview with The Mirror today, Daniel talks about Billy's current storyline which sees him taking him Drew's daughter Summer.

Daniel, who plays gay vicar Billy Mayhew, is gay himself and knows that not everyone is happy to see him on screen, let alone involved in such a groundbreaking storyline.

He says “Because I’ve been out professionally since I was 18, I’ve been aware that I was overlooked for roles because producers knew I was gay, and I’ve had to put up with homophobic abuse on social media. People forget that you are a person, who still goes home to their family every night. I think they expect you to be thick-skinned. What they don’t see is when you shut the front door after a barrage of abuse and have to try to shake it off.”

He also talks about homophobic reaction to Todd and Billy on Corrie and his real-life growing up as gay too..

“When I was 14 I thought I was maybe the only person in the world who was gay. And it would’ve helped massively to know I wasn’t.”





Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...