Thursday 10 August 2017

The most famous line in soap coming to Coronation Street?

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog July 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)


It's one of the most famous lines in soap and it looks like it's going to be repeated on Coronation Street.

When Peggy Mitchell in EastEnders screamed "Get outta my pub!" it became one of those soap line that make history. I know it and I use it (even though I haven't got a pub, I never scream at anyone and I don't watch EastEnders.

Never heard of it? Watch it below.  And yes, this may be the first time in history of the blog that I've put an EastEnders clip on the site!



Why are we showcasing a line from a rival soap?

Because, according to the tabloids this week, the line is going to be used in Coronation Street when Peter Barlow tells Steve McDonald to sling his hook and leave the Rovers Return.

Now that is going to be worth watching. Let's just hope he doesn't say it in a Cockney accent.







Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...