Monday 7 August 2017

Eva Price and the Fake Baby story

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog July 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)


I love Eva Price.

I think she's a Coronation Street icon of our time.

I love her outfits too. Check out 9 of her fabulous frocks.

But I'm not enjoying the fake baby storyline, not one little bit - and here's why...

Motherhood in soaps is a drama in itself. There are good mums and surrogate mums (Rita Sullivan, Hayley Cropper), bad mums (Cilla Battersby), secret mums and mums who turn up with a dodgy accent and take over the Rovers Return (Stella Price).

And then there are those who pretend that they're going to be mums - and I'm looking at you, Eva Price.

In her attempt to get revenge on Aidan Connor for his cheating ways with Miss Maria, Eva is pretending she's pregnant in an attempt to hang on to her man.

This isn't the Eva I know. This isn't the Eva I want. This isn't what a strong woman does. Chuck him out, for gawd's sake. Rip his fancy shirts to bits and cut up his suits. Stitch up the holes in his underpants on a spare sewing machine in the faktry. Whatever you do, DO something!  Don't pretend to be pregnant, that's a stupid thing to do.  It's the most stupid thing in the world to do.

Aidan's cheated on you, Eva, he couldn't give a toss. He's a liar, a player, who thinks with his crotch. SAnd you know all about it. You know the truth. So why not leave him and move in with Leanne? But whatever you do, do something, anything, other than pretend.

Rant over. I'll get me coat.

Glenda Young @flaming_nora






Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...