Monday 22 February 2016

Corrie Canada weekly awards for Feb. 15 - 19


Harassment award: Jenny has an unfortunate past but she's not a thief and there's no evidence. Yet Sally spearheaded a campaign of bullying all week, made worse by the incident with Jack which also wasn't Jenny's doing as proven. Can't blame Jenny for finally getting her back up and warning Sally off.

Entertainment WOW: Eva!!

Rude Boy award: Aidan actually had Eva pump the gas into the van??? In that dress? His excuse? He wanted to call his father again. Which he did continually until the hostess called him on his bad manners at a dinner party.

Rude Boy II: Richie O'Driscoll isn't much better. What right does he have to demand personal differences stay out of the factory, the factory that he doesn't own. If his orders aren't affected, it's none of his business.

Continuity questionable: I refuse to believe that Eva, stylish as she is, didn't know what a pashmina was.

Musical ambience: Aww, Sean played I Will Survive just for Mary! What a wonderful, supportive thing to do and she lapped it up!

Bluff Award: Aidan wasted no time calling Sally's bluff. Fire Jenny or I'll resign? See ya!

Campaign fail: Tim wants to be supportive of Sally but I think he'd be happier standing behind her on the podium smiling than doing any actual campaign work!

That's Not Helping award: Leanne's idea of helping Simon with his homework is to do it for him.

Unfathomable award: How could Kirk have heard a rustling from the part of the factory he was in (wide open door) when Marta was behind a closed door at the other end?

Lines of the week:
Sally "You're no Mother Theresa, Rita, you work in a sweet shop"
Carla "Johnny, I'm not a pork pie and pickled onion kind of girl" (but she does like a bag of chips now and then) "Would you like a pashmina?" Eva "Oh yeah, yeah, I'll drink anything" Aidan "Make that two. No ice"
Eileen to Jason "It's a metaphor, ya plank. Read a book!" Jason "You first!" (Bazinga!)
Fiz "We're tightening our belts, Prosecco Boy, remember?" Tyrone "If I tighten it any more might rupture me spleen"
Carla to Johnny "If I'd wanted someone to fight my battles for me, I'd have picked someone bigger and scarier than you!"
Tim "You should get one of those candy necklaces" (re a steady sugar fix) Sally "Oh that's all I need, surgary spit in me decolletage"
Sally "I feel like I've been waiting for this all my life, it's like a Call to Arms"
Jenny about Sally "She's like a fly buzzing round me head. You know what happens to flies? They get swatted!" (Yay, Jenny's starting to find her spirit again, which may or may not be a good thing, at least for Sally)
Leanne about Aidan "He is totally smitten" Eva "Yeah, about piggin' time!"
Tim "My brain's like a finely tuned machine. Possible a bacon slicer"
Mary to her friends "Amongst you all the corpses of dead relationships must lie 10 deep. And I know you feel my pain" Erica "Well she's not wrong"
Erica "If all men were off the menu, it would be a very bland diet"
Simon "Who brings their granddad to their football match?" (er, quite a few kids, I should think, ya muppet)
Aidan "Since when do mice read newspapers?" Kirk "Have you never heard of Tom and Jerry?" (snort)



Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street - official ITV tribute to a soap icon. Available here.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...