Thursday 31 December 2015

Corrie Christmas wish list - Faye Brookes

FAYE BROOKES - CHRISTMAS Q&A 2015
 


Will your character be having a merry Christmas this year?
Maybe, maybe not. She’s going to try, certainly. It’s her first Christmas in Weatherfield, so it’ll certainly be different for her. Kate won’t be with her fiance, Caz, so she might feel a bit down about that.

Make a NY resolution for your character…
To stop procrastinating! And get on with it.

What’s your favourite Christmas board game?
It’s got to be charades, or chararrrrdes, however you prefer to say it!

What’s your Christmas tipple?
A port! With cheese, always! Only on Christmas Day though, we’ll do cocktails the rest of the time!

Turkey or otherwise?
Otherwise! I quite like a nut roast. I’m not vegetarian but I prefer the vegetarian route, then I feel as though I’m doing something that’s kind and healthier.

Where’s your favourite place to spend Christmas?
At home, up north with the family.

Best Christmas tip?
Be prepared! Always be prepared and do everything early. Then you can just enjoy it, Christmas won’t be a stress if you get everything done!

Any Christmas disasters?
We had a mini fire one year! We left a candle burning on top of the TV and went out for a Christmas drink. When we came back the whole lounge was just black with smoke - the TV had started to set itself on fire but we got home just in time!

Favourite Christmas memory…
Playing Princess Jasmine in my first ever Christmas Panto and all of my family got on a coach to come down to Guilford from Manchester to see me in it. That was special.

Christmas Day...cheese or chocolate?
Cheese! With port!

Sprouts...devil or delicious?
Delicious. I cook them with a bit of bacon and maybe with a bit of coconut oil this year? That would make them really creamy.

Christmas Day...PJs or fancypants?
Fancy pants, we get really dressed up. My boyfriend’s family tend to do PJs, so this year we’re going to have to meet in the middle somewhere. Whether we wear half and half, I don’t know!

If you could spend Christmas Day in any other country where would you spend it?
New York. I’ve been at that time of year before but haven’t spent Christmas there and I just think it’s something else, it’s so magical, and everything’s bigger and better.

Favourite Christmas film?
It’s between Home Alone and Elf. I like Home Alone because it’s my childhood favourite but Elf is my absolute favourite! I love all the voices, they are so fun.

Favourite Christmas song or carol?
I like Rudolf the Rednose Reindeer, but the one with the funny after comments “He had a very shiny nose (like a lightbulb)” etc etc.

Describe your perfect Christmas…
There’d be snow, all the family together, a big burning log fire and everybody really happy! No arguments, no dramas, just serene, cool calm and collected!

Favourite Corrie Christmas...yours, your characters, or a scene off screen!
Well my character Kate hasn’t had a Corrie Christmas yet - so it’s exciting that this is her first. I’m looking forward to seeing it and hope for more to come!

What would you like to find in your Christmas stocking?
A surprise! I’ve told everyone what I would like, so a nice surprise would be cool.

You have one spot left at the dinner table..Who would you give it to, anyone past or present?
Will Ferrell, but as Elf. How fun would that be! He would be so full of merry cheer.





Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street - official ITV tribute to a soap icon. Available here.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...