Sunday 25 October 2015

Incoming Corrie producer talks to Inside Soap

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog October 2015, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Kate Oates, the incoming Coronation Street producer, has been interviewed this week in Inside Soap magazine.  She talks, of course, about her current role as producer of ITV's other soap, Emmerdale.

At the end of the interview, Kate is asked how long she has got left at Emmerdale before she takes over at Coronation Street as the new producer.  This is her reply, which makes interesting reading and is worthy of a little mention.

"I'm with the Dales until Christmas, and then I'm taking a couple of months off.  I just want to get my head into the new job and start thinking about the characters and what I want to do.  But my main focus at the moment is making the most of my time here. I love Emmerdale and will be very emotional come December!"

Emmerdale actress Gemma Atkinson this week said that Kate Oates has breathed new life into the soap and will be missed when she moves to Coronation Street.

“I think she’s brought the show back to life. She’s given it a new lease of life and a kick up the bum, to be honest. She’s widened the audience and brought in new characters and new stories and new ideas and she’s very open to our ideas. She’s very caring to the cast and the scriptwriters, but I wish her well and I’m glad she’s still at ITV. She’s still in the family!”

Meanwhile Charley Webb, who plays Debbie Dingle in Emmerdale, added that Kate Oates had been “so amazing” and that Coronation Street were “really lucky to get her”.

I think, as Corrie fans, we have a lot to feel optimistic about, don't you?



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...