Friday 24 April 2015

Corrie Cold Turkey


(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in March 2015.)

I'm teetering on the abyss of life without Coronation Street. Could I cope without five episodes of Weatherfield life each week? I get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach at the very thought.

The trouble is I'm just not loving it any more. There is too much I don't like about it. It's on too often. It's populated by too many characters I don't care about. There are too many convoluted storylines that get on my chuffing nerves. That's just too much for me for now. 

The other trouble is that I'm still a Corrie addict and proud to be an anorak. I know so much about Corrie, its history and its characters that it would just be too much of a wrench to give it up. The cold, feverish sweats at the thought of filling those extra two and a half hours each week. What a to do.

So what I am going to do is go Corrie cold turkey for two weeks and see how I cope. Can I live a fruitful existence without regular updates of the crazy cesspit of lies festering under Gail's roof? Can I live without knowing what fate befalls Sharif Nazir's chickens? And can I soldier on without having to witness Sean hosting a butler auction at the Rovers?

Only time will tell.

I'm going to stop watching for a bit in the hope that I'll miss all those familiar soapy shenanigans enough for me to carry on. I hope a break from it will help me start tuning in again out of desire rather than out of routine. Let's see how I get on in the big wide Corrie free world.

Follow me on Twitter @GraemeN82 



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...