Thursday 9 April 2015

A week without Corrie


(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in March 2015.)

As you may know I'm currently having some time away from Corrie as I'm suffering from a bit of Weatherfield burn out. I still have a deep love for the show, its history and many of its characters but a lot of Corrie happenings today are either irritating me or just leaving me cold.

I've now missed seven consecutive episodes, the biggest gap in my Corrie watching life I'm rather ashamed to admit! I also must admit I've not missed it nearly as much as I'd feared. Corrie cold turkey is yet to descend. The question is, should I tune back in now? 

I started to think about what I was missing most about Coronation Street. Most of all I miss the humour. I know some would say Corrie is nowhere near as funny as it used to be but there are still moments that make me laugh out loud much more than actual sitcoms do. I also miss some of the more longstanding and well established characters, particularly Emily, Audrey, Rita and Sally. After so many years of dedicated watching they do feel like extended family. On a purely personal and pretty shallow level I also miss certain parts of Gary Windass and rather surprisingly Nick Tilsley. Don't shoot me down!

From interactions with some lovely Twitter followers I'm rather glad to have missed out on more of the new Bethany Platt. I saw her return episodes the other week and the character got on my nerves straight away. I wonder if she has improved any since then? 

I also missed Sean and Billy hosting the butler auction which I'm not too bothered about even if it did feature the lovely Emily. Michelle proposing to Steve...hmmm while I do not object strongly to the idea of them marrying I do worry it might be one big cringe fest. 

One thing I am definitely sorry I missed was Sally going into service and working for Norris! Sally as Norris' slave...that has the potential for its own kinky spin off I reckon!

Undoubtedly I will pick up watching Coronation Street again. I love it too much to keep away. I just don't love it nearly as much as I did. 


Follow me on Twitter @GraemeN82 



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

I also get fed up with the whole lot. They are like family though. You can turn your back for a little bit when they get too annoying but you always come back lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...